COVID Catch Up Premium
- The government has provided £1 billion of funding to support children and young people to catch up on missed learning caused by coronavirus (COVID-19).
- St Mary's will receive an overall sum of £16,640, which is equivalent to £80.00 per pupil, based on 208 pupils who were on roll in October 2020.
- Schools should use this funding for specific activities to support their pupils’ education recovery.
- Schools can use their funding in a way that suits their cohort and circumstances, but they are expected to use this funding for specific activities which will help pupils catch up on missed learning.
- Schools should particularly focus on disadvantaged and vulnerable pupils.
- The attached document shows St Mary's School's COVID Catch Up Premium Strategy, which outlines how the grant will be spent and how the effect of this expenditure on the educational attainment of pupils will be assessed.